Thursday, January 9, 2014

Be Honest About Everything

I have learned something: I lie to myself....a lot.  What's worse...I make stuff up to make myself feel better.  It never works.  I end up feeling bad about the thing I did wrong...and then more guilty because I lied about it.  It's not real.  Why bother lying?

When it comes to fitness and being healthy, and everything else really, I know that I have to get a major dose of self-intimacy.  Saying "Yeah, I ate that cookie" is not the end of the world.  Is it?  My logical mind tells me no, it's not a big deal.  Just make a plan to get back on track.  But the guilt makes me want to hide that mistake and pretend I'm GREAT! I am learning quickly that I have a perfectionist attitude: if I can't do it perfectly, I may as well not do it.  That's messed up.  If I say "Well...I only have time for a 30 minute workout instead of the hour that I had planned...so I can't do it" I lose out on the opportunity to complete what I could have in that time.  Instead, I ended up accomplishing nothing.  
Failure is a part of the process...that's hard to say.  But I know it's true.  I am working on taking away the emotional part of eating, and use food as fuel for my body to recover from workouts and rebuild muscle that I've exhausted.  I have to trade the really good tasting, fatty, salty foods for the decent tasting food that helps me to gain muscle, lose weight, and feel good.  I will be honest about my success and failures.  I am certainly my own worst critic...I need to work on forgiving myself and moving on.  I only have one present existence...one chance at NOW.  I will make the best of it.  I encourage you to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment